Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wednesday Happenings

I know Wednesdays are supposed to be dedicated to wedding posts, but I decided to switch things up a little this week.

Last night, I took on the task of staining this little table.  I've had this table since I went to college.  It's been a great one over the years and I'm not ready to get rid of it yet!  Brandon and I won't need a big dining room table until we figure out where we will be living once we're married and what kind of space we'll have.  So until then, this one will do, but she is in dire need of a face lift! 
Here it is... the official "before" picture.


 I prepped the wood and finished the first coat last night.  It's going to take many, many more coats for it to reach the desired effect.  
Oh, and it's turning me a different color.  Tip, don't forget to buy mineral spirits when dealing with oil based products!  YIKES! You don't know what I had to go through to get this off.  Even today, my nails have stain underneath them.  Looks like I've been playing in the dirt.  Must use gloves next time! ;)

I'm also purchasing new throw pillows for the sofa.  I printed out photos of the pillow options, cut them out, and arranged them the way I would on the sofa.  Makes this whole visualization thing MUCH easier.

Paint option for an accent bookshelf.  This isn't exactly true to color...it's more muted in person, but still a pop of fun!


Turning the corner a bit...
Did you know that today is National Use Your Agenda Day? 
I know you guys love lists/planners like I do.  My iPhone just doesn't suffice.  I need a pen and paper or else my tasks just won't get done.

What planner is your favorite?  
If you don't have one, here are some super cute printables you can download and print.


Happy Humpday! 
We are going to dinner with a group of our friends at Taco Boy tonight.  Ashton, one of my bridesmaids and our friend from high shcool, graduated from law school and is getting her masters in tax.  She's moving away from Charleston to Florida this week and has a birthday next week, so this dinner is kind of a going away/birthday/done with bar exam celebration.  I looove me some Taco Boy!

Xo-M

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished table & chairs! I'm sure it's going to look awesome! Eat some yummy guac for me at Taco Boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh those hands - i can't even imagine how long that took! great idea with printing out pics of the pillows - they look great.

    http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree about the needing to write an agenda and to-do lists on paper! It is probably why I spend way too long in the notebook section of Target!

    ReplyDelete
  4. same thing happened to me when i stained a table- NOT good. gloves are key!

    http://sweatshirt-weather.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, can't wait to see the finished product. I just posted about my agenda on Tuesday. I got the new Lilly large agenda and love it. I can't remember things if I don't write them down!

    ksereynolds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loveee Taco Boy's nachos! So good! And I love the printables you posted, too cute :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you ask a question, please make sure your email address is connected to comments through your Blogger profile. If you aren't sure how to do this but still want your question answered, please leave your email address at the end of your comment! Thanks! :)