Saturday, August 14, 2010

Long post to make up for my absence!

I had such a great birthdayweek!

I ate sushi three nights in a row.
Oku in Charleston has the best sushi that my sweet little taste buds have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

I had a Godiva chocolate/espresso martini at the Market Pavillion Rooftop with the boyf. For $15 a pop, they have to be amazing, right?
view from the rooftop bar

Market Pavillion Rooftop Bar

Two of my very best friends came to visit me in Charleston.
I got a mani/pedi.
I ate the most delectable cupcake in the world.
I. LOVE. BIRTHDAYS.

*****
In a week or so, I have a hair appointment...
Right now, my hair is blonder than it has ever been.
(That's my friend Jenna on the right!)
 I'm thinking of changing it to something like this:
Not a huge change, but hey! -baby steps! 
 
*****

I want to do a quick product review.
A sales person at Ulta talked me into trying Fekkai Full Blown Volume Lifting Hairspray.  Directions say to spray it on the roots of towel-dried hair, & style as usual.  I have very fine hair & this is supposed to be a miracle worker in adding volume & thickness. 

I'm here to say that it is not worth the $23! It added zero volume in my hair & if anything, made it look oily.
I'm sticking with my Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Plus Volumizing Spray Mousse.  It has done the trick for four years now...



That's all for now...
xo,
meg

ps. I'll post some of my birthday pictures on the blog as soon as I get copies of them (I didn't use my camera)!

1 comment:

  1. THanks for reviewing these!!! I also have very fine, pin straight hair and i can only get some lift if I tease it at the root! booo I'll have to try the big and sexy thing...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! If you ask a question, please make sure your email address is connected to comments through your Blogger profile. If you aren't sure how to do this but still want your question answered, please leave your email address at the end of your comment! Thanks! :)